Acceptable Use Policy
Effective: December 30, 2021
This Acceptable Use Policy (“Policy”) establishes certain rules and requirements pertaining to the use of the services offered by Universal Research Solutions, LLC d/b/a OBERD (“Services”) and OBERD’s website including https://www.oberd.com/ (“OBERD Site”). OBERD may modify this Policy by posting a revised version on the OBERD Site. By using the services or accessing the OBERD environment, you agree to the latest version of this policy.
OBERD’s Users have access to and perform management activities within their OBERD environment, data and content. Users are responsible for ensuring that these activities do not impose risks or negative impacts on OBERD, OBERD’s other Users, or to other sites or systems. Users are also responsible for adhering to all applicable laws and regulations relating to User operations.
OBERD Users are responsible for ensuring that they do not allow their OBERD site to be used for any of the following purposes:
- Gaining, or attempting to gain unauthorized access to any system that does not belong to the User.
- Sending unsolicited electronic mail (e-mail) or other messages or communication in any form (e.g., spam).
- Altering, defacing, or otherwise causing any unauthorized or unapproved modification of any system belonging to OBERD.
- Storing, transmitting, or processing material in a manner that violates intellectual property rights or laws or regulations, including, without limitation, those associated with trade secrets, copyrights, patents and trademarks.
- Violating the privacy rights of others, including, without limitation the collection of information about individuals without their knowledge or consent, except as allowed by applicable laws and regulations.
- Transmitting or storing any material that is unlawful, obscene, harassing, libelous, abusive, hateful, encourages unlawful acts, or may be interpreted as violating the civil rights of others.
- Storing or transmitting material that violates applicable laws or regulations.
- Intentionally omitting, forging, deleting, or misrepresenting information, entered into the OBERD system.
Users are prohibited from assisting any persons in using OBERD to engage in any of the activities listed above. If a User becomes aware of any such activity, User must remedy the situation immediately. User shall also notify OBERD in writing within 24 hours of when a violation is detected by User or its agents. Users are responsible for ensuring that security controls are not circumvented by way of actions taken by the User or User’s employees or agents.
Violations and Remedies
OBERD reserves the right to suspend or terminate at any time the account of any User that, at the sole discretion of OBERD, fails to adhere to any of these policies as described at OBERD.com. OBERD has the right to seek legal remedies for any damages, costs or expenses incurred as a result of a violation of any of these policies by or through User.
OBERD may be notified of violations in a number of ways. These may include notification by an external organization, an individual that is affected by the activities of the User, by another OBERD User, or notification may originate within OBERD when a violation is detected internally.
OBERD retains the sole right to determine whether a violation of this policy has occurred. In general, OBERD will attempt to work with the User to address violations of this policy. However, based on the severity of the violation or the number or nature of complaints received, OBERD, in its sole discretion has the absolute right to and may immediately terminate service.